08-13-2019 05:17 AM
It's been an absolute nightmare trying to set up this printer because even when I managed to get it recognized, it'd only start printing after 10-20 minutes and only the second page of a 2-page document, in the "Print All" setting. Now, after using HP's diagnostic tools (HP Print and Scan Doctor and one more, that I really shouldn't be using when I need an out-of-the-box instant printing solution) I've managed to get the device recognized all the time and it also starts printing immediately. But, like before, it only prints the 2nd page of a 2-page document when I select the "Print Range: All" option. If only it printed the first page that wouldn't be so weird and annoying, but it prints only the last page. It prints every page if I select "Print pages from 1 to 2", but I don't want to use that function to print an entire document, because I may mistype the last page number and waste hundreds of pages of ink potentially. Could someone help me with this, please?
08-15-2019 02:07 PM
@Attilaberes, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Update the printer firmware
Download available firmware updates from the HP website
With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates.
For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.
I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below:
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Download and install the full-featured printer software from here.
If the issue persists, I would suggest you try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:
• Go to Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.
• When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.
• Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.
Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help.
Hope this helps!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
10-01-2019 04:31 AM
I've tried every step you've recommended but it's still not working. After I removed the apps, drivers and the printer and reinstalled the full package, the same thing kept happening. Only the last page prints (sometimes) and most of the time the printing queue just keeps getting bigger when I add new printing tasks but nothing ever happens.
I've also tried to use the default Windows drivers, but Windows won't even find my printer when I click "Add new printer". But if I try to install the printer using the driver package, it'll recognize it.
I've been trying to fix it for hours today as well and am getting fed up with HP altogether. Interestingly, a lot of people are having the same issue (that their printer only prints out the last page of a document) with various printer models and manufacturers, and they rarely ever find a solution to it. One thing that's helped others won't help me. It's about enabling the "Enable bidirectional support" option under the Ports tab, but it's greyed out for me even after I enable admin access.
Do you happen to have any more suggestions before I ask for a refund or throw this garbage out?
10-01-2019 04:33 AM
And what I mean by "But if I try to install the printer using the driver package, it'll recognize it." is that when I run the HP driver package executable, it'll recognize my printer through the USB cable, but that keeps producing the same error (printing the last page only, or most of the time nothing at all.)