08-13-2019 05:17 AM
It's been an absolute nightmare trying to set up this printer because even when I managed to get it recognized, it'd only start printing after 10-20 minutes and only the second page of a 2-page document, in the "Print All" setting. Now, after using HP's diagnostic tools (HP Print and Scan Doctor and one more, that I really shouldn't be using when I need an out-of-the-box instant printing solution) I've managed to get the device recognized all the time and it also starts printing immediately. But, like before, it only prints the 2nd page of a 2-page document when I select the "Print Range: All" option. If only it printed the first page that wouldn't be so weird and annoying, but it prints only the last page. It prints every page if I select "Print pages from 1 to 2", but I don't want to use that function to print an entire document, because I may mistype the last page number and waste hundreds of pages of ink potentially. Could someone help me with this, please?
08-15-2019 02:07 PM
@Attilaberes, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Update the printer firmware
Download available firmware updates from the HP website
With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates.
For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.
I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below:
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Download and install the full-featured printer software from here.
If the issue persists, I would suggest you try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:
• Go to Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.
• When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.
• Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.
Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help.
Hope this helps!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee