Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet F4580
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Model: HP Deskjet F4580 CB755-64001

Computer: Surface pro 4 Win 10

I have two cartridges (Black, Color). B is original, C is refilled.

The problem is that when I print (pdf or jpg) I get a uniform shadow (see pictures). This seems to happen when both cartridges are used.

Here are some informations:

WITH BOTH CARTRIDGES INSERTED

- If I select "only print in grey nuances", the problem persists.

- If I change the quality of the printing or select the saving ink option, the problem persists.

WITH JUST ONE CARTRIDGE INSERTED (only B or only C)

- the printing is fine

Some more informations:

The colored copy is affected by the problem. The B copy is not.

The trial page is affected by the problem.

The alignment page is not affected.

I already tried aligning! I already tried completely uninstalling the printer and the drivers, but the problem persists.

Please, can someone help me?

DSC_0047.JPGDSC_0044.JPGDSC_0045.JPGDSC_0046.JPG

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Can you print a configuration page from this YT video tutorial and how does it look?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for the answer.

It prints this.

DSC_0049.JPG

Oh, and the 4 previous pictures are, in order: only B page, alignment page, B+C page, only C page

HP Recommended

Looks good to me, as explained in the video if configuration page is printed fine then you have a computer-related problem. By printing configuration page you eliminated computer and driver.

When I first read your post I was like 99% sure that this is a computer issue, not printer related.

The only thing that still confuses me you wrote: The colored copy is affected by the problem. The B copy is not

Can you confirm that once more, make a color copy of something if it's good then the problem is in your computer if it's not good then my theory of blaming a computer is wrong?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Actually, I sadly confirm that... Will post the pictures later.

HP Recommended

Strange, it could be that refilled C cartridge got bad or just the printer got bad.

When this problem first occurred, and when did you installed C cartridge?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, it's an apartment for rent, so I can't track the origins of the problem... I remember having tried last year with two other (refilled) cartridges and having the exact same issues. 

EDIT: here is the proof. This is the back of the notebook: one copy is BW, the other is C. As you can see the shadow only appears in the colored copy. 

DSC_0050.JPG

DSC_0051.JPG

HP Recommended

UP!

Anyone there has any idea?

HP Recommended

I bought new original cartridges. Same thing. I bought another printer, same model (found second hand one on the internet near me). Same thing. It's honestly incredible: it must actually be the printer since both do it when copying. But fk it's 2 different printers. How is it even possible?

HP Recommended

@roddik

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Is the Printer connected directly to a wall outlet? If not, please do and check.

Also. try updating the Printer firmware: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.