Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Does somebody know the differences between the Officejet Pro 7730 and 7740 AiO? I can't find any, but the prices differ.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@junofornow

Please check the following table

https://www.4clik.com/informatique/imprimantes/B50638+B53326/hp-officejet-pro-7740-vs-hp-officejet-p...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

the specs listed in the link you provide aren't complete / correct, sorry.

Check:

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA7-0613EEE&doctype=data%20sheet&doclang=EN_G...

for the 7730 and

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c05193070

foor the 7740.

I can't find any substantial differences to have a different product numberr and price.

HP Recommended

@junofornow wrote:

... I can't find any substantial differences to have a different product numberr and price.

Hi,

If you could NOT find any differences, why not buy a cheaper one ? I think the 7720 and 7730 came out after the 7740.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
hello,

because it's not a question of price??
and whether there's a hidden or apparent difference I looked over?

cheers,
Juno
HP Recommended

Officejet Pro 7730

- can print up to A3 but only scan/copy in A4/legal paper size

Officejet Pro 7740

- can print up to A3 and also scan/copy up to A3 via the flatbed

- automatic A4 duplex scanning/copying via the document feeder

- extra 250 sheet paper tray included in the box

There may be other differences that I haven't noticed.

HP Recommended

The key difference is 7740 has a bigger A3 size scanner while 7730 has a legal size scanner. 

I am a HP employee.
HP Recommended

The main difference between the HP Officejet Pro 7730 and 7740 are,

Features available only on the Officejet 7740

- Automatic A3/ledger duplex printing

- ADF E-duplex scanning

- B size glass scan bar

- Front USB host

Hope this gives you a quick overview on the differences.

I am a HP Inc. employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP Inc.
HP Recommended

Exactly: 7740 has a giant flatbed scanner (important to me because I like and need to scan large-format photos) and automatic A4 duplex scanning: while 7730 prints duplex manually, requiring manual reintroduction of originals, 7740 scans both sides of each original in a single pass through the top feeder (important to me as I often need to scan large two-sided documents). 7740 is my choice because the price difference for the 7730 is insignificant given the benefits of the first.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.