Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 6234
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've recently had a replacement printer sent to replace my faulty HP Envy Photo 6234. The return email and information states that I've been sent a 6234 but on unboxing the replacement today, I find they've sent me a 6232.

Is there any material difference between the 6234 and the 6232?

Thanks!

UPDATE: This also seems to be a repaired / refurbished unit? Surely I'm entitled to a like for like "new" replacement for a faulty product?

label.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mroshaw99 

Basically all 623x  (x = 0 to 9) printers are the same, They use same manuals, software, drivers ... only one or 2 minor difference(s) such as color, or from different line of production.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@mroshaw99 

Basically all 623x  (x = 0 to 9) printers are the same, They use same manuals, software, drivers ... only one or 2 minor difference(s) such as color, or from different line of production.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

That's great, thanks BH.

I also see that HP send only the replacement units, not a retail box, which explains the sticker on the box.

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Same with me, just got 6232 to replace 6234.

Out of interest what was your fault?

I'd signed up to instant ink and after 5 months and a mere 234 pages it would not recognise the colour cartridge. Reported 'Faulty Cartridge' even when I got new inks from HP and all firmware updated etc.

HP Recommended

Same here just today been sent a 6232 to replace faulty6234 .... On waking mine up from standby the copy function would not work until it had been switched off and back on again ... not in itself a major deal but just annoying when you wanted to do something quickly.

HP Recommended

Gotta say, I'm not blown away by the quality of this line of printers. My replacement 6232 seems to have developed a fault where it no longer recognises paper in the photo tray.

I suspect the hardware is churned out as cheaply as possible, and manufacturers make their money from ink sales and subscriptions. Would be nice to at least get a reliable printer as part of the package though.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.