Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 5255 5264

Looking to see if there is a difference between the Officejet 5255 and 5264.   Is one older?   Different hardware?   Different price point? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

There are only marketing differences, it may be a different price a bit or marketed by different retails as an example.

Both are the same printer with same hardware, both share are different models of the same 5200 printer series, the specifications are identical.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

There are only marketing differences, it may be a different price a bit or marketed by different retails as an example.

Both are the same printer with same hardware, both share are different models of the same 5200 printer series, the specifications are identical.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Oh good.   Because when my 5264 died after only 2 months and about 30 pages being printed (error 0x61000074 and the evil Service Station Stalled loop), they sent me a 5255 as a replacement under warranty repair.   I was worried that they just replaced it with something inferior.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.