Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 6 (2,620 Views)

Difference between HP4523 and HP4520

Product Name: HP4520
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
Hi
Today I purchased a HP4523 from Argos. At least I thought I did. I was given a HP4520. Does anyone know what the difference between the two models is as I want to decide whether I need to return it or not as it may not be as advertised (they only describe the HP4523 on their site).
Thanks in advance
Retired
Message 2 of 6 (2,597 Views)

Re: Difference between HP4523 and HP4520

Hi @Sacland,

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I understand that you are wondering what is the difference between the HP Envy 4523 and the HP Envy 4520, and I am happy to look into this for you! 

According to the, Printer Specifications for HP DeskJet 4530, 4670, ENVY 4510, 4520, OfficeJet 4650 Printers, Each model has the same functionality. Printing, scanning, and copying, etc. There is no difference between the two. Also, when you download the User Guide for the HP Envy 4523 you will get the HP Envy 4520 series guide, User Guide

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on Accept as Solution on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Hope this answers your question, and have a nice day! Smiley Happy

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (2,419 Views)

Hi

the above reply does not really answer the question, are they the same or not? 

Argos have done the same to me today and fobbed me off with a 4520 instead of the advertised 4523.

are they the same or what are the differences between the models?

if they are the same why do they have a different model number?

does anyone know or are Argos ripping their customers off?

cheers

perry

Top Student
Message 4 of 6 (2,413 Views)

It's supposed to have the same specifications but when I looked up the newer model it had much better reviews. I returned mine to Argos and went to currys and bought the 4523 model for the same price. I cannot remember the exact differences but if you look on Hp website or currys/dixons you can see.
Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (2,410 Views)

Hi there

thanks for the quick and full response. HP should give you a job rather than the fella that fudged / responded last time round!

i'll send the 4520 back to Argos and wander down to Curry's.

HP must know what Argos are up to, a shame they do not put a stop to it as people are clearly being ripped off.

cheers

perry

Highlighted
Student
Message 6 of 6 (354 Views)

There are only marketing differences, e.g. a specific number is only available at a specific retail.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation