Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

How do I disable duplex printing on the HP7520 in Mac OS X? All updates are installed. Only Text Edit offers a Two-Sided check box in Printer Details. I cannot find a way to turn it off in Word or in an Adobe Acorbat pdf file. Two hours with HP tech support tonight to no avail. I have read the Windows resolution to this question but I need to fix it on the HP7520 in Mac OS X. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

From word open the print dialog and click the Copies & Pages. select Layout from the menu and then set the Two-Sided as off.

You may click the Preset drop-sown ansd save the setting as a preset, then it will remain as defautl till another preset will be used.

From Adobe open the print dialog and click the Print... button, then click the lowest drop-down and select Layout, the Two-sided option will appear there.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

From word open the print dialog and click the Copies & Pages. select Layout from the menu and then set the Two-Sided as off.

You may click the Preset drop-sown ansd save the setting as a preset, then it will remain as defautl till another preset will be used.

From Adobe open the print dialog and click the Print... button, then click the lowest drop-down and select Layout, the Two-sided option will appear there.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

It works from Word and PDF but not from Power Point.  The only way i could get it to not print two sided in Power Point was to save the ppt file as a pdf file and print it from pdf preview (on my Mac).  If you know a solution right from Power Point I'd enjoy getting it.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

What version of OS X and Microsoft Office are you using?

Thanks,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I am having the similar issue in PPT. I'm using 10.8.4.

I'm pasting in a screen shot of what shows up when I click "Layout" in PPT. Thanks for any guidance - this is driving me 

crazy!

Screenshot

HP Recommended

Doesn't work with MS word for MAC 2011 version 14.4 .5 on my  Mac OS X 10.9.5  as options available  in Two-Sided drop down menu are Long edge binding and short edge binding... 

Would appreciate help on this..thanks.

HP Recommended

My Word Office 14.4.7 drop down options in Print mode>> Layout>>long edge binding also has an option for "turn off." Turn that off. It worked for me.

HP Recommended

I finally found a solution that worked for me and my Macbook Pro, but it involved changing the defaults in the CUPS settings. This page has a step by step walk through of how to do it, using Terminal and CUPS. Haven't had an issue since and the check box for optional 2 sided printing has returned in most of my programs.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5244577?tstart=0

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.