saltangler Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Disable duplex printing on HP7520 Mac OS X

How do I disable duplex printing on the HP7520 in Mac OS X? All updates are installed. Only Text Edit offers a Two-Sided check box in Printer Details. I cannot find a way to turn it off in Word or in an Adobe Acorbat pdf file. Two hours with HP tech support tonight to no avail. I have read the Windows resolution to this question but I need to fix it on the HP7520 in Mac OS X. Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Provost Provost
Provost
24560 24317 4392 9351
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

From word open the print dialog and click the Copies & Pages. select Layout from the menu and then set the Two-Sided as off.

You may click the Preset drop-sown ansd save the setting as a preset, then it will remain as defautl till another preset will be used.

From Adobe open the print dialog and click the Print... button, then click the lowest drop-down and select Layout, the Two-sided option will appear there.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
USARetired Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

It works from Word and PDF but not from Power Point.  The only way i could get it to not print two sided in Power Point was to save the ppt file as a pdf file and print it from pdf preview (on my Mac).  If you know a solution right from Power Point I'd enjoy getting it.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
4755 4722 203 621
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

What version of OS X and Microsoft Office are you using?

Thanks,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
TPhipps1 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I am having the similar issue in PPT. I'm using 10.8.4.

I'm pasting in a screen shot of what shows up when I click "Layout" in PPT. Thanks for any guidance - this is driving me 

crazy!

Screenshot

0 Kudos
Nicholas666 Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Doesn't work with MS word for MAC 2011 version 14.4 .5 on my  Mac OS X 10.9.5  as options available  in Two-Sided drop down menu are Long edge binding and short edge binding... 

Would appreciate help on this..thanks.

0 Kudos
ValinParis Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My Word Office 14.4.7 drop down options in Print mode>> Layout>>long edge binding also has an option for "turn off." Turn that off. It worked for me.

0 Kudos
TLDUX Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I finally found a solution that worked for me and my Macbook Pro, but it involved changing the defaults in the CUPS settings. This page has a step by step walk through of how to do it, using Terminal and CUPS. Haven't had an issue since and the check box for optional 2 sided printing has returned in most of my programs.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5244577?tstart=0

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation