Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Officejet 6500 inkjet printer with a disconnected ribbon cable.  It's approximately 1/4" wide by 16" long and is a dark smoky color.  One of the taps are broken at the end and I'm sure that is the reason it became disconnected.  I'm sure I can repair the broken end but I don't know how to reconnect the ribbon cable.  Can anyone help me.  Thanks

HP Recommended

@steveccs wrote:

I have a HP Officejet 6500 inkjet printer with a disconnected ribbon cable.  It's approximately 1/4" wide by 16" long and is a dark smoky color.  One of the taps are broken at the end and I'm sure that is the reason it became disconnected.  I'm sure I can repair the broken end but I don't know how to reconnect the ribbon cable.  Can anyone help me.  Thanks

Have you read the thread here?  The post here may help.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

yes, I read the posting but my ribbon cable is different than the one listed.  this cable is the long narrow ribbon.

HP Recommended

Hi BOB,

my nice HP6500 printer stopped working and my wife handed over to that "strip" to me. First I was totally frustrated d to identify what pice of my printer I've got.

Searching for help I found your description and that was really a break through for me. Your descrption is perfectly done.

Finally I tested to fix the strip right and left through the carriage and took my time.

Really unexpected short in time I was suceesful. The priter is working properly again.

Many many thanks - and please continue to support guys like my not nowing the details of printers.

Greetings from Germany

Herbert   

Thats my first try in that message system - I do hope my thank you will path through to you.

HP Recommended

@Herbert - I am glad I could help.  Happy Printing!

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thanks,

I followed your instructions, your info helped and the printer worked as it was supposed to, for quite some time.

I had other problems after this, I couldn't see trying to fix it, I bought a new HP

printer.

HP Recommended

Hi There !!

Same problem here.

encoderstrip away.

http://h30492.www3.hp.com/t5/Drucker-und-All-in-One-Ger%C3%A4te-Nutzung/HP-Officejet-6000-E609a-Foli...

After replacing encoderstrip the carrieage hits hard from side to side.

think i missed the sensor in carrieage !?

how can i see if im in sensor or not !?

Any solution !?

Matthias

HP Recommended

Pictures from post above !!

cant edit post !?

encodergeklebt.jpgencoderstreifen_druckkopf.jpgencoderstreifen_links.jpgencoderstreifen_rechts.jpg

HP Recommended

Ok, problem was -> i missed the sensor in carriage !!

Now works !!

Thx for help.

Thx to Bob_Headrick who post the photos to solve encoder strip problem.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue.  Needing to reattach encoder strip for HP PSC 2355.  I cannot make heads or tails out of the photos you've provided, and I realize it's not the same model.  Any ideas?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.