10-21-2019 02:10 AM
My Envy 5020 display screen is on constantly and won’t go into sleep mode or shut down at all.
Any one tell me if this is a repair issue of just needs resetting, if so, how would I reset it.
Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-23-2019 07:57 AM
Welcome to HP support community.
Perform a power reset
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector and printer.
- Turn on the printer.
Update the printer firmware
Refer the steps mentioned in this HP document:- Click here
Change the sleep mode settings
1. On the printer control panel display, from the Home screen, swipe left to see ( Setup ), and then touch ( Setup ).
2. Touch Power Management, touch Sleep, and then touch the desired option.
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
10-25-2019 01:04 AM
Thank you for your reply.
I have resolved the printer problem, The person who purchased the printer for me failed to register the HP ink contract.
I was receiving a message saying the printer can't use the ink's till you register them, this caused the printer not to go into sleep mode.
Thanks again for your help.