01-26-2020 10:12 PM
I have had the printer for approx 2 years, having replaced the cartridges numerous times. I replaced the cartridges with the normal official HP cartridges but got a error message when I try to print. Message is "Do not use SETUP cartridges". After that I cant use the printer. I used a second set of cartridges and it gave the same problem. I checked that latest version of firmware was installed. What must I do?
01-29-2020 05:40 PM
I have gone through your post and I would like to help
Please try these troubleshooting steps
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
Next ensure the printer has the latest Firmware. Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168
If the issue persists we will try a Semi Full Reset
Keep me posted how it goes
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee