Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Today when attempting to scan from Adobe Acrobat, the document feeder does not work.  It does work when scanning directly from the printer control panel.  I have run HPSSdr, but that did not fix the problem.  The connecion to the priter is wi-fi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for providing that detailed information @Doug34.

I have provided a document for having issues scanning using Adobe Software that may help.

You can also try using a different User Account, just in case the User Account is corrupted.

I would suggest uninstalling the Adobe program, and then reinstall to see if the problem remains. If you still have the same issue you will need to contact Adobe technical support.

Let me know how you make out. Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
Greetings @Doug34

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you aren't able to scan from the computer software using Adobe, but you can scan from the printer's control panel. I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

Can you scan from the flatbed using Adobe?

Try scanning from the HP Scan Software to see if you have the same results:  Scanning from the Computer with HP Scan (Windows).

Please check out the steps in this document:  Network Scanner Connection is Lost (Windows).

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. Please let me know the outcome. Have a nice day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help.  The problem is not with the scanning process - that works OK - but with the document feeder.  Using my laptop, I can scan from the flatbed with Adobe, but the document feeder does not activate.  As you suggested, I installed the HP Scan app, and the doument feeder does work.  It also works when I scan from the printer control panel.  An odd thing - I have exactly the same Adobe Acrobat 9 program installed on my desktop, both the laptop and the desktop running on Windows 10, and when scanning from the desktop, the document feeder works.  Perhaps the problem lies with the Adobe Acrobat 9 installation on the laptop. An uninstall and reinstall may cure the problem.  In the meantime, I have a solution by using the HP Scan app.

Please let me have any other suggestions you may have.

Many thanks

HP Recommended

Thanks for providing that detailed information @Doug34.

I have provided a document for having issues scanning using Adobe Software that may help.

You can also try using a different User Account, just in case the User Account is corrupted.

I would suggest uninstalling the Adobe program, and then reinstall to see if the problem remains. If you still have the same issue you will need to contact Adobe technical support.

Let me know how you make out. Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

can't make the document feeder work unless all the way to the printer feature problems.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.