Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2622
Chrome OS

When printing from my Chromebook to my HP Deskjet 2622 the top, bottom, and sides are all cut off. I have adjusted the size of the document (e.g. 90%) and chosen the "fit to page" options but neither helps. As I cannot download the troubleshooting software (because I don't have an almighty Windows/Mac computer) there are no other options. The wireless printing never works, so I am connecting via USB (which frequently has to be unplugged and reconnected because the laptop "forgets" the printer is there). Obviously, there are (and have been) serious, serious problems with Chromebook and HP printers being incompatible but I didn't find that out until it was too late and I had already purchased an HP printer (won't happen again, trust me). For now, I need help fixing this issue.

Print preview makes it look like everything is perfect (on multiple platforms, apps, and programs) but then the document comes out and the top, bottom, and sides are all chopped. YES -- I have the print from Chrome extension installed, and NO -- it does not solve the issue. Just using ctrl-p does not solve it, either. It's like the printer is "reading" the margins/settings (as a default) incorrectly and needs to be readjusted. Since everything on a Chromebook runs from web-based apps, there must be some way to readjust the settings as to how the printer is "reading" them from the web, to solve the problem.

PLEASE do not tell me to unplug/restart, etc. because that is basic stuff and already did that. I need an actual solution. I mean, how can I troubleshoot something that has no settings? I can't get into the actual HP settings because the wireless function won't work, and I can't use the HP troubleshooter because I don't have a Windows/Mac laptop. It's a ridiculous, vicious, cyclical problem. HELP

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@BooksAreLife,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues printing from your Chromebook.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Please make sure you're using the latest version of Chrome.

Next, try clearing the cache in Chrome​ and then reboot your device. 

If the problem persists after that, it might be because of a rogue extension you have in Chrome. I suggest doing a Chrome browser reset. This will reset the browser to original defaults and also disable all your extensions (it won't remove them or delete any of your bookmarks, passwords, or data). You can then re-enable your extensions one at a time to find the culprit. It might be necessary to do this if apps or extensions you installed changed your settings without your knowledge.

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click Settings.
  3. At the bottom, click Advanced.
  4. Under the section "Reset settings," click Restore settings to their original defaults.
  5. In the box that appears, click Reset

If your document still won’t print, try deleting your printer from your printer list, then setting it up again:

1. Go to google.com/cloudprint.
  2. On the left, click Printers.
  3. Click your printer.
  4. At the top, click Delete.
  5. Set up your printer. Learn how to set up your printer with Google Cloud Print.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.