Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Configured the printer with DHCP but i get the message AUTO IP CONFIGURED CONTINUING TO DHCP

and the ip assigned is 169.254.X.X.

Port config : 100TX Full

Also, if I/O card ready and port config has some value like 100 or 1000 does this mean that jet direct card is working fine and nothing wrong with the jet direct card if these values show up in config page.

autoip.GIF

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey @munish259272,

I see that you're experiencing issues when configuring your printer on the wireless network. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.  I see by your screenshots that your printer is getting a 169.254.123.171 IP Address with the Default Gateway of 169.254.123.171. This is not valid. A valid IP Address should not start  with 169.254. Also, the IP Address should not be identical to the Default Gateway. With that being said, before I can offer any suggestions to resolve this issue, I do need to know what printer you're using?

Once I know what printer you're using I'd be happy to point you in the right direction. I look forward to hearing from you! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

The message I/0 Card Ready on the configuration page indicates that the JetDirect is working and sees the network.

In many cases LaserJets will work with the default gateway set to the IP address of the printer, this information is based on practical hands-on experience not a document that a support guy is reading.

Your IP Adress should not  start with 169. 254 the actusl adress range  depends on how your router is configured, but in order to determine the proper IP address range could you open a command prompt on your PC and run ipconfig/all and tell us the PC IP and default gateway. You should also ping your printer and see if you get a response.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

A further note on the printer IP address being used as the gateway, that works if its just a printer, if it is a multifunction device that needs to scan to email or a folder then it needs to have the correct gateway.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.