Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Custom Made 2013
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is anyone successfully running an HP 3630 Desk Jet, connected by USB cable, after the automatic online Win 10 Version 1903 

upgrade?  This is desktop home computer, with no wireless capabilities, for personal use and was not on a home network before the automatic upgrade.  In Settings/Network the only network shown is the Ethernet connected to the internet.  

Thanks, though all internal tests show that the printer is working fine, and it is listed as the default printer in both Device Mgr. and Settings/Printers.  In Properties/Ports it is shown checked as "USB001 Virtual Printer Port for HP 3630".  However the print function in Windows 10 programs cannot find and use it and the Microsoft Printer Troubleshooter Status Report simply shows it under "Connectivity Settings" as:

14. Network Status: Offline

15. Active Connection Type: None   

I'm wondering if Ver. 1903 no longer supports HP 3630.  I notice that even with the latest driver update the driver is still dated 2006.  I would like to know if anybody's HP 3630 Ink Jet is working after Ver. 1903 upgrade using a USB connection.

Thanks for your information.  Dennis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Tej1602 - Thanks for the advice.  I don't know what the problem actually was, but I had tried HP Print & Scan Doctor several times and it could not find the problem.  I then did root level uninstalls than reinstalls of the printer and all HP software twice to no avail. 

Finally, after replacing the HP 3630 with a new HP 2633, on the third try, "HP Smart", was able to get the printer recognised and now it is working for all programs and apps.   I had to stop and restart the install several times, but it did finally complete the install properly.  "HP Smart" is a free download available from Microsoft Store.  During the install it will ask for a zip code to show your location.  As I live in Denmark, I simply gave my daughter's in Austin, TX and that satisfied it and the install was able to proceed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@d-s-n, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor

Download HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the program. It will automatically diagnose and fix any printer connectivity issues. 

For more information, go to https://support.hp.com/in-en/topic/printscandoctor

I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below: 

1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2) Select your HP Printer 

3) Select Uninstall 

4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 

6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 

7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”

😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab 

9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10) Select Ok 

11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12) Close Devices and Printers.

Now, download and install the full-featured drivers from here

Try printing.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Tej1602 - Thanks for the advice.  I don't know what the problem actually was, but I had tried HP Print & Scan Doctor several times and it could not find the problem.  I then did root level uninstalls than reinstalls of the printer and all HP software twice to no avail. 

Finally, after replacing the HP 3630 with a new HP 2633, on the third try, "HP Smart", was able to get the printer recognised and now it is working for all programs and apps.   I had to stop and restart the install several times, but it did finally complete the install properly.  "HP Smart" is a free download available from Microsoft Store.  During the install it will ask for a zip code to show your location.  As I live in Denmark, I simply gave my daughter's in Austin, TX and that satisfied it and the install was able to proceed.

HP Recommended

@d-s-n

Happy to hear that.  

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.  

Have a great day ahead! 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.