Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeilGC
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does the HP Envy 5030 use ink while in sleep mode?

Envy 5030
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Noticing that my ink levels are going down very fast.  I can't see a way of enabling auto-off, so it just spends its downtime in SLEEP mode. Would this make the ink levels fall more quickly?  Ideally I'd enable auto-off, but either way I'd like to stop the excessive ink use!

2 REPLIES 2
Level 13
Level 13
6,150 6,120 493 1,038
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

AUTO OFF feature would not function when you have the printer connected in Wireless network.

Ink Level could fall when one prints more pictures/images compared  to text or if the print mode is set to BEST.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
NeilGC
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks.  Yes, I noticed in the manual that "Auto-Off is disabled when a printer’s wireless or Wi-Fi Direct capability is turned on or when a printer with fax, USB, or Ethernet network capability establishes a fax, USB, or Ethernet network connection."  However, it then says "TIP: To conserve battery power, you can enable Auto-Off, even when the printer is connected or wireless is turned on."  But I can't see how to do that.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation