Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I have an OfficeJet Pro 7740. It works great. It set up so quick but I seem to have a problem with scanning multiple pages through flatbed. It gives me an option to add more pages to the scan but it seems like it has a timer. By the time I switch to the next page or flip it over, it seems to have timed out and sends to the computer automatically before I am able to scan the other page(s)..

Is there a setting to make the timer longer or to take the timer out?

Same Isssue as https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Does-the-HP-OfficeJet-Pro-7740-flatbed-scanning-mult...

but was not solved there.

Using an App on the computer when directly working on the printer/scanner is not applicable.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Nadmin

Welcome to HP support community.

There is no timer option for scanner.

However, follow the below step and check if the issue resolves.

Perform a power reset

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Update the printer firmware 

Here are the steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Sandytechy20,

thanks for your reply. The procedure you suggest doesn't change the behavior.

I have tested to Scan to USB directly at the printer and there is also a timeout (about 30s). In comparision to scan to PC the timeout there is 10s.

My printer is set to german language and therefore i can only post exactly english words.

The steps which I am performing directly on the printer are the follwing

* Select Scan to PC

* Select the PC from the list

* Start Scan

* Add element (page)

* Timeout after 10s

HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One

Product number: G5J38A

Firmeware: EDWINXPP1N002.1942A.00

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try scanning from the printer again, as soon as the scan completes follow the prompt to scan the next page.

Now check if the time applies, or you may have additional time to reload the original into the glass after selecting to scan another page.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello Shlomi,

This is exactly what I did.

As I already mention my printer language is set to german and so I have to guess the exact english translation.

The german menu says "Element hinzufügen"- which is equal to scan next page.

On this site you can start the scan of the next page if you get it managed to change the page which in 10s. Otherwhise the timeout will finish the scan.

Have some of you realy tried that feature?

I have found some interesting thing in the manuel :

'If you want to scan a document with several pages into one file instead of multiple files, start the scan with the printer software instead of selecting Scan from the printer display, or use document feeder to scan .'

Why? I have worked with printers where this feature works perfect.

Regards nadmin

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.