Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6960
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When printing double sided from Microsoft Publisher, backside is upside down. It used to work, but not anymore. I have tried to to slect turning by long side instead of short side. But in vain.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@clausbee Greetings from the HP Community!

To print on both sides of a sheet of paper, do the following:

1. Click File > Print.

2. In the Printer list, select the printer you want to use.

3. In Settings, choose Print on Both Sides – Flip sheets on long edge or Print on Both Sides – Flip sheets on long edge.

If that doesn't work the way you prefer, I suggest you update the printer firmware: click here to know how and then try again.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi - I follow your instructions and it does not work. I have deletede the software and installed again. Same problem.
The strange thing is, that it use to work and has been working perfectly only some months ago.
HP Smart uses other words in dansih. Not flip on long or short edge, but turn (vend) or turn upwards (vend opad). Very confusing.
And  HP Smart does not have the option of chosing which pages should be printed. Only the complete file.

I truly need help.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.