Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

When printing double sided side 1 is ok but side 2 upside down. What causes this to happen?  It didn't happen until now. :Crying:

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Help - still unable to  print correctly, when I print a 2-sided document, side 2 is upside down.  What could be causing this?

HP Recommended

@kcav

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• Which Operating system is installed on your computer?

On a MAC: 

Refer to this document to know the settings for 2 sided printing

On a Windows computer : 

Refer to this document to know the settings for 2 sided printing

Note: Make sure to select Long edge Binding

Let me know how this goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Kumar037,  Thank you for replying o my question.  I am very anxious to solve this problem but I had water leak and I have been busy bailingout my cellar. I will work on yjis as soon as I can.

Ken

HP Recommended

Finally got printer working properly: (1) uninstalled the Envy HL 4520 printer from my Windows 7 notebook (2) ran CCleaner to remove temporary files (3) updated the operating system (4) shutdown the system and restarted with the printer connected to the notebook with a USB cable (5)  it took 1/2 hour to find drivers to work with latest version of Windows 7 (6) printed Test page  successfully (7) then printed 3 page double sided document successfully.   

Think the problem was solved when I updated the operating system  and then searched for the correct driver. 

HP Recommended

@kcav

Glad to know that the issue is not resolved after you performed the steps mentioned in your post. Feel free to contact us if any concerns with HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.