Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Let's create a local account and try installing the driver there: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This was not the solution to the case but Betty0610 did persevere and got me hooked up with HP tech support even though my warranty had expired and eventually we came to a resolution. 

HP Recommended

HP Envy Photo 6234.Works ok on laptops ect,but on desktop all software removed,and replaced.Reports say all ok,but driver not available.

HP Recommended

What was the so;ution

HP Recommended

Hi Mike, in my case only one desktop stopped printing.  The only "solution" that HP could come up with was "reload windows".  Since I haven't found the ambition to do that I don't know if it works or not.  For the time being I am using eprint for simple print jobs.  For more complicated ones, I move the file to a Laptop and print from it.  With a home network and VNC I can do that  without moving from my chair.

Jim

HP Recommended

Thanks Jim

I was faced with re-installing windows,but found an alternative:-

Remove printer at control panel.

Uninstall all HP software & re-start.

Visit 123.hp.com to install the software,but opt to use the usb connection ,use manual installation not the wizard.

follow the instructions about when to connect usb.

My desktop sits next to the printer

Tried this with the wizard ,but driver would not install.

Regards

mike

HP Recommended

Thanks for the idea.  Sadly, it didn't work for me

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and I think that reinstalling Windows is not a solution. Nobody tried to reinstall Windows so there is no certainty that doing so would solve the problem. The tag solved on this thread is false and misleading.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.