Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Printers (several)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there a removal tool to remove all HP drivers to enable starting over?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@TechKen,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• What is the exact model for your printer?
  • What is the exact issue you are facing?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Meanwhile, I would like to inform you that there is no driver removal tool from HP. However, you can follow the below steps to root uninstall and then reinstall the printer.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s")

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

13.) Restart the PC

14.) Download and install the printer software from the below link.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

15.) Connect the USB cable ONLY when prompted and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

First of all, thanks for the response. I am familiar with ALL the standard procedures (installation, un-installation, etc.) but sometimes fragments are  left in the registry that cause problems and some vendors have a removal tool to remove all of that.

The problem I'm having is this: some computers on the network no longer print wireless but wired is ok. After removing the drivers and trying to reinstall as wireless the installation hangs part way through and will not complete.  It will complete when setting up USB. This has happened on two different computers and two different printers (all HP). Other computers can print to either of the two offending printers wirelessly but the two computers mentioned will not. Something has happened to the two computers that is blocking wireless printing (only to the two printers but they can print to other printers on the network wirelessly) and wireless driver installation. A while ago another computer had the same seemingly unsolveable problem and I wiped it and re-installed the OS and it worked just fine. This is an unusual problem and is why I'm reaching out for help.

HP Recommended

@TechKen,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

You can use third-party software removal tools. As informed earlier HP doesn't have a software removal tool.

For the wireless printing issue, I recommend you try creating a new user account on the computer and install the printer and check if it helps.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the great suggestion but it didn't work. I discovered that if I cycle (off/on) the printer it prints. If I pull out the ethernet cable from the computer it prints after I re-connect the cable. Several other compuiters can print wirelessly to this printer and the offending computer can print wirelessly to other printers on the network. This is a real puzzle. Any thoughts?? 

HP Recommended

@TechKen,

I recommend you assign a static IP to the printer and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.

Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.

Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.

Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)

Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.

Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The current effect after you use this driver removal tool will be similar as if its the first time you install a new driver just like a fresh, clean install of Windows[edit] As with any tool of this kind, we recommend creating a new system restore point before using it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.