Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp deskjet 5150
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hello, 

I like very much my inkjet printer to print photo but I don't find a way to make it work with my mac. 

I tried to update the driver OS X HP Inkjet Installer but it seems too old to be installed on my mac.

Do you have an idea about it to make it work fine? 

Thanks a lot to help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-5100-printer-series/304430/model/304432

Software and drivers for   --   HP Deskjet 5150 Color Inkjet Printer  --   macOS 10.13

Mac Printer Driver

5.1 572.4 MB Oct 9, 2019 Download

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thanks a lot for your reply. I tried this driver before but I have this error message: 

Capture d’écran 2020-05-15 à 15.10.20.png

Do you have an idea to solve the problem? 

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi

Only to check if downloadable items are allowed to install from a NON-APPLE source.

To change this permanently go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy. On the General Tab click the little lock in the lower left corner to unlock the general preference pane. Then select the Anywhere radio button beneath Allow applications downloaded from.

Is it the correct HP model/product?

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I did what you told me to do but I have this message:

Capture d’écran 2020-05-16 à 09.06.00.png

What should I do to make it work together between the mac and the printer? 

Thanks to help.

HP Recommended

Hi

It takes many hours to get a picture approved.

So...............

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Ok. The message says on the image that it's not possible to open the application "OS X HP Inkjet Installer" because it doesn't work with this mac. 

I am on macOS High Sierra Version. 10.13.6.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi

The driver covers several versions...

Mac OS X 10.10
Mac OS X 10.11
Mac OS X 10.12
Mac OS X 10.9
macOS 10.13
macOS 10.14
macOS 10.15
all in the same package.  So is it that you are using a Mac OS X 10.13 and not the macos 10.13??

Well I have done 2 downloads in Windows 10, and they both seem correct.
Looking inside the .dmg (7zip is quite versatile) I took a screenshot of some of the contents (attached) and quite frankly cannot see anything amiss with the file. 
Equally I do not see a folder with your specific printer listed and am surprised that the screenshot is copyright 2004.

So wild speculation that the printer model and the driver file are not compatible.
Printer Specifications for HP Deskjet 5150 Color Inkjet Printer Series

Model numbers    HP Deskjet 5150  -- C8962A, C6490B     North America, Europe, Latin America
HP Deskjet 5160    --   C8989A   Asia Pacific, Japan
HP Deskjet 5168    --   C9006A   China

Could you define if it is the C8962A or some other model please. 

Standard connectivity
Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable 2.0 compatible
It is connected via a cable?

HP Recommended

Hi, 

The model is C8962A from Europe connected with a Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable 2.0 compatible. 

I have it since 2004 in addition to a laser printer. I use it to print photos and I never found better quality.

It works fine when I printed a test page so the printer is working but it doesn't "read" the information from the mac. I would really like to make it work.

Thanks.

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.