02-02-2020 03:47 AM
I have just replaced my old HP Deskjet with the Envy 5020. My problem is with printing on both sides of the paper, because the printer insists on flipping on the short edge, even if I tell it to flip on the long edge. I have never had this problem before.
02-04-2020 03:43 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Update the printer firmware
Here are the steps:- Click here
Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install printer full feature driver
Click here to download the driver.
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others .
I am an HP Employee
02-05-2020 05:01 PM
Thank you for your detailed reply. I got as far as the Drivers tab. The only HP driver is: HP Delivery driver V4. I am not certain that this is a printer driver, and since I also have an HP computer I don't want to delete the wrong driver!
Can you confirm whether I should delete this driver please?