07-10-2020 06:56 AM
Printer: Deskjet GT 5821
Firmware Version: KWP2FN1829AR
Total pages printed: 5256
Borderless pages printed: 86
Problem: E3 Error appears randomly midway between prints. Sometimes at 10%, sometimes almost after 95% print done. Once the page feed button is pressed to resume printing, the page rolls out in its half printed state and the carriage returns to its resting position.
Upon inspection as directed in recommended troubleshooting for the error code, the carriage is moved to either ends, for checking smooth movement, checked for paper jams and non are found. Additionally with the torch the encoder strip was checked to be in order, NO stains or erosion of lines on it was seen. The Ink carriage latch was never opened after first installation and after over 5300 prints it is confirmed to be secure.
Test prints meant for aligning and quality checking print OKAY but any print command sent to the printer to print whats needed results in random E3 failure at random points during prints as mentioned above and no blockage is apparent.
Need urgent solution, scholastic work depends on this printer.
07-13-2020 04:54 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
- What is the size and type of paper you are using?
- Are you able to make copies using the printer?
- What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or devices?
Meanwhile, try a power reset on reset on the printer
Let's try a power reset on the printer
Reset the product
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
Check the paper type and size selected before printing.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping
07-13-2020 06:24 AM
1. I am using A4 sheets of paper, 75GSM.
2. No, the same error shows in the same manner even when using the copier functionality. The paper that ejects is absolutely wrinkle free and undamaged on the edges.
3. Tried printing from Adobe Acrobat reader, chrome from two separate machines windows 7 and 8.1. In a bid to self troubleshoot i have also tried printing from the HP Print Service plugin for android mobile devices. The failure persists.
Additionally, i tried printing via the USB cable without the Wifi being on to yield the same results.
I had already attempted a power reset, while researching on this forum.
I re-attempted with the exact instructions you posted however. The problem has not gone away.
The printer is and always was connected to a wall outlet.
I confirm that the print commands are given to the correct paper size as inserted on the printer i.e. A4.
07-13-2020 08:34 AM
We can try a reset on the printer
- The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
- I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Keep me posted!