12-03-2019 02:04 PM
ENVY 4520 after change in property Paper/Quality from Normal to Best printer prints Monochrome only. After that does not help any change in settings to get color print. Its very annoying.
12-06-2019 03:29 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printing issue.
To better assist you -
1) Does the color copy works?
2) What's the application that you are trying to print from?
While you respond to that, try these steps -
Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues.
If the issue still persists, try re-installing the printer driver -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here for Windows 10 (64-bit).
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Also, try updating the printer's firmware. Download and install the firmware for Win 10 (64-bit) from this link.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
12-10-2019 11:36 PM - edited 12-13-2019 09:20 AM
Are you getting any error? Does the color copy work? If the copy works,
Try built-in driver - HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver
Let me know.
I am an HP Employee