04-29-2020 02:39 PM
I have no problem printing color as a copy on my ENVY 5545 but if I try to print anything from computer it only prints black and white. Have gone to print preferences and changed the output to color. It changes back to monochrome.
Uninstalled, and reinstalled printer but didn't change.
Worked fine until the WIN 10 1909 update.
Also, won't print 2-sided automatically as before, small dialog box pops up and says to remove and reinsert the pages to print other sides.
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-06-2020 08:22 AM
@yike-mike, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Follow the steps below to isolate and resolve the issue-
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the program. It will automatically diagnose and fix any printing/scanning issues.
For more information, go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor
Check the printer driver settings. Refer to the document for help- HP Printers - Print Driver Settings Guide (Windows)
If the issue persists, I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below:
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
8). Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer and try printing.
If you still have issues, try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:
• Uninstall the printer drivers. Go to Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.
• When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.
• Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.
Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee