09-24-2019 07:10 AM
I mistakenly peeled all the tape off the setup cartridges for my new 7855 printer. I have new cartridges, but I am receiving a set up cartridge error. How do I set up the printer without original set up cartridges?
09-25-2019 06:31 AM
@jcbthall, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
- The ink cartridges that go with the printers are setup ink cartridges that are designed to initialize the printer.
- These ink cartridges are not available in local stores.
To bypass the use of setup ink cartridges, we may have to reset the printer.
- The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
- I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee