Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7855

Help

How do I perform an OOBE reset and re-initialize the ENVY 7855 printer so that I can get past the Setup Ink Cartridge error

Specificly for the ENVY 7855.

Thank You Very Much,

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @J_L_Y

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand you would like to re-initialize the printer to bypass the use of the setup ink cartridges. To assist you better, I would like to know:

• Have you already initialized the printer?
  • Were you able to print before?
  • What is the exact error message on the printer?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It is asking me to insert setup cartridge s.  We put the cartridges in that name with the printer, but it continues to ask for set up cartridges.  It has never printed. 

I would return the printer but it is past the "return by" date since we waited to hook it up thinking it was not going to have any issues because it was new in the box.

Thank you,

Jaime

HP Recommended

@J_L_Y, thank you for the response.

Let us try to perform a trade OOBE reset on the printer to bypass the use of setup ink cartridges.

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Use set up cartridges that came with your printer

HP Recommended

Hi @Slesh

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

I have sent you a private message with the next course of action. Kindly check the same.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can you please send me the reset instructions too? I have tried the "Partial reset" and the "Semi-full reset" options to no avail.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi @VSdancer

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand you would like to bypass the setup ink cartridges. I'd be happy to assist you.

A partial or semi-full reset would not help in resolving this issue. Kindly check your inbox for the reset instructions.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have received my new (Refurbished) HP Envy Photo 7855.  It did not come with Setup ink.  How can I setup my printer without the Setup ink?

HP Recommended

@KathrnL

I have sent you a message with the reset instructions. Kindly check the inbox.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.