Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 3630
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello! I try to print from my laptop,but it is showing that my printer is in Error state. It never happened to me before.

I don't know what to do! Please help!

Thank you very much!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Digi3talis,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand your printer is stuck in error state.Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

What is the error you get on your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

Hard reset on the printer, router, computer and other devices on the same network.

The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before continuing.

1. Press the Power button on the printer to turn it off.

2. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

3. Disconnect the power cord from the wireless router.

4. Turn off the computer.

5. Wait for 30 seconds.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the wireless router.

7. Wait for 30 seconds, or until the router is fully on and ready

8. Turn the computer back on.

9. Wait for the computer to reload

10. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

11. Turn the printer back on.

If you’re running Windows, I would start by checking the installed printer software by downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor. This tool can diagnose and fix many printing and printer software related issues. Please use this link to help you with that information: http://hp.care/2biN2XE 

If your printer connected wirelessly, make sure to temporary connect the device with USB and then follow the link to download and install it: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/dj3630/DJ3630_R1629A.exe

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Digi3talis,

We haven't heard from you,

This Post is with reference to the thread you had recently created at your friendly neighborhood (HP Forums),

I would like to know if the resolution I had provided worked for you?

Please reply back in your public post as the private message board is not always monitored

If you have any other queries, feel free to reply back to the Jeet_Singh,

And Thank You for being a Valuable Member of our HP Family.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  

Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello!

First Thank you for your reply . I did contacted HP technical support before I posted this on HP forum. We went through all what you wrote even to the extent of taking out both cartridges and nothing happened. My printer is still in Error state. Agent ask me how often I am using printer and I reply than not that often, last time maeby 3_4 weeks. He told me that it is recommended to use the printer at least once a week( I didn't know that,as it is my first printer). So on the end he told me that my printer just got broken and is not possible to fix at all. So I will need to buy a new printer just after 1 year? I am not happy about it at all. What is your opinion, is that possible that it could be really broken?

For me it is hard to believe it, I am not an expert anyway....

Thank you for your time and help!

Regards!

HP Recommended

Hi @Digi3talis,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand you have contacted our HP phone support team and they have helped you to diagnose the issue and still you are having the printer in error state. Before you could come to any conclusion, I would suggest you perform a firmware update on this printer with the USB cable connected, here is the link to download and install the printer firmware: 

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/dj3630/DJ3630_R1629A.exe

If the issue persists, do you have any blinking light pattern, If so, please go through the steps suggested in the support document for - HP DeskJet 3630, 4720 Printers - Blinking Lights

If nothing works, I would suggest this could be a printer hardware. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.