Did you mean: 
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

EWS Password & Officejet 6700 Premium

Officejet 6700 Premium
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I forgot the password for the EWS. I would like to learn how to reset the printer's config for the EWS only, if possibe. Reviewing the user's guide for instructions on resetting the printer's network config to its default state for this purpose  was unsuccesful. Any help or link to an applicable reference would be appreciated.

TIA

Regards,

Umrk

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,390 2,242
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Umrk111,

Thank you for engaging in HP Support Forums. I am glad to be of your assistance!

I understand that you are having trouble accessing the printer EWS page. Is the printer connected to the network already? If so, let’s try to fix the issue by following the steps mentioned below:

I would suggest here is to try these steps here: 

• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
  • Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • Now go to the Security Tab - Administrative Settings.
  • Uncheck the "Control Panel Lock".

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to restore the printer to the network settings: 

Reset network settings

To reset the administrator password and network settings

1. On the printer control panel, touch (right arrow), touch Setup, and then touch Network.

2. Touch Restore Network Defaults, and then touch Yes.

A message appears stating that the network defaults have been restored.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you could try to perform an advanced reset on the printer. 

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Jeet,

Thank you for your detailed response. I attempted to uncheck the control panel lock as you suggested. Unfortunately, the password is required to access the settings tab.

Therefore, once I have finished my work (and have to reconfigure my printer's network settings) I will reset the printer to its default state as  you instructed in your message.

I will report the result here in case anyone with an HP 6700 using the EWS experiences the same issue.

Regards,

Umrk

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,390 2,242
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Umrk111,

Thank you for replying,
Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation