Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Plus 4100 All-in-One Printer
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Well like everyone else i forgot the darn password to the EWS, and there is literally nowhere to find this information.  PLEASE HELP!!!!

Oh and just to make sure, is it different if i'm running an Windows operating system, since i have both at home??

Frustated beyond,

Kee 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well Dan, I have that exact one and this is what i did!!

Okay this is what i was told to do by a customer service rep told me to do:

Printer is ON then

press "resume" and "color copy" at same time

Unplug the while still Holding those buttons,

plug back in for 20 seconds then release buttons,

now try to access EWS using admin, and original numeric password

found on cartridge access door label p/n: 8 (numbers)

This worked for me...let me know if it worked for you.

Let me know if the instructions make sense...LOL

Kee

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

@keekee769769, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps below-

1. Locate the WPS button on your router, but do not press it yet.

If your router does not support WPS, skip to the next step to connect the printer with the HP Smart app.

2. Turn on the printer. If the printer is in sleep mode, press the Cancel button on the control panel.

3. On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button  for at least 3 seconds or until the wireless light starts to flash.

NOTE: 

HP Tango printers: Press and hold the Wireless and Power buttons on the back of the printer for 5 seconds. The Edge lighting flashes blue to indicate the printer is in WPS mode.

4. On the router, press and hold the WPS button for 3 to 5 seconds or until it shows that the WPS connection process has started.

NOTE: 

The printer stops searching for a WPS connection two minutes after the wireless button is pressed. If you were unable to press the WPS button within that timeframe, attempt these steps again.

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

Now, try accessing the EWS of the printer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Nope still not working...and now i'm wondering how to print 2 sided cuz its not an option...???

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please open the cartridge access door and locate the label there, the listed PIN is the default password for the EWS page.

The username would be admin (All lowercase)

For Duplex printing, only manual duplexing can be done by the printer, not automatically, see its Specifications below:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06619246#AbT14

Follow below steps to manually print on both sides from a Mac, using the Pages to Print setting:

https://support.hp.com/hr-en/document/c01935823

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Well that would work if i hadn't changed the password and now can't remember it.  How do i reset to the original password?  Also i can't open either link??

Help

HP Recommended

Also are you saying that this printer does not print 2-sided? That it must be done manually?

HP Recommended

Just to chime in, I believe that he (myself also) are trying to reset a custom PIN (changed after the 1st successful EWS login) back to default 8-digit PIN printed on the inside label. I've only find help/suggestions for forgetting & resetting the network connection like the suggestions here.

Pleas help!

@keekee769769 wrote:

Well that would work if i hadn't changed the password and now can't remember it.  How do i reset to the original password?  Also i can't open either link??

Help

nnection. This is not that. The

HP Recommended

Hi there,

Well let me tell you it isn't an easy task to find this answer but thankfully on the phone with someone i finally after weeks of trying got the correct answer.  I do believe it is different for every printer tho.  What type of printer do you have?

Totally frustrating that i had asked so many times and they kept telling me WHERE the original one was, yet that wasn't my question...but anyway...if you have the same printer as i do, i would be so happy to give you the solution. 

Kee

HP Recommended
I have the DeskJet Plus 4100 All-In-One. It's also listed as a 4155 to be exact. Thanks!
HP Recommended
I have the DeskJet Plus 4100 All-In-One. It's also listed as a 4155 to be exact. Thanks! Dan
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.