Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 6230
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Pictures and clip art embedded in word documents appear fine when viewed in "Print Preview", but are cut off at the bottom and right side when printed.   They are not near the edge or bottom of the page and I have tried changing size and positon within the document and also changing page margin sizes but the same happens.

Have viewed similar posts but cant see a solution that works . I do not have a "Preserve layout" option under the advanced settings, and changing documents to pdfs etc. is not an acceptable solution . This seems to be a HP software problem.  Any help please??

This printer is brand new and replaces an Officejet Pro 8100 which printed the same word documents perfectly.

Cant get any online or telephone HP support today as its a Saturday.

35 REPLIES 35
HP Recommended

Greetings @Ian-L

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue where the images on the word document are partially printed, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Are you able to make copies without any issues?

May I know the version of Microsoft office/word on your computer?

Have you installed the full feature printer software on your computer?

How is the printer connected to your computer? USB or wireless. 

Request you make sure Print background colors and images are selected on Word before printing.

• In Word, click on "File" - "Options".
  • Click on "Display" - Select the box which says "Print background colors and images".
  • Click Ok to save the settings and then try to print.

If the issue persists, follow the procedure mentioned below to remove the printer software completely and install it back to resolve the issue you are facing. 

Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed from the Control panel.

(Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)

Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it.

(Device manager can be accessed from the Control panel.)

Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 

Click on print server properties. 

You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.

Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.

Restart the PC.

Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 

Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.

It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files, ignore them).

If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.

Restart the PC again. 

Download the latest full feature driver from www.hp.com/drivers and install it on the computer.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer. 

Let me know if this helped. Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I followed your advice, (despite the software having originally been downloaded from HP website (not from the CD) I deleted it and did it again.)

Followed your other suggestions.

It has not helped.Please advise.

Its Office 2007.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. Did you select "Print background colors and images" option in Word? 

If you have tried that and if the issue persists, recommend you configure the printer using Windows built in drivers and check. 

When you configure the printer using Windows built-in drivers, it would create an another instance of the printer, rename it in such a way that you can differentiate between them. 

Refer to this HP Article for step by step instructions in configuring the printer using Windows built in drivers.

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, I did configure windows re backgroundcolours. Otherwise I would not have said that I had followed your instructions. I am going to telephone HP support now.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please do contact our phone support and let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Re telephone call to HP Suport. Your agent tried a different printer driver. This still didn't work. They are having  a think and phoning me back.    Watch this space.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please do keep me posted on the resolution provided. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Any news on this?  my printer is officejet 8725 but it is the same issue.

HP Recommended

Hi, have the same problem with a 8725 and Word 2003 - have just discovered that Word option to compress solves it (most of the time).  Option is available under Format-Picture-Picture, option to compress is down on left, I chose 200dpi  other versions of word might well be slightly different - worth a try anyway.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.