Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I don't know WHY this problem occurs, but I agree that printing or saving to .pdf is NOT an acceptable solution.   
I have found that if you select the embedded graphic, then Copy - Paste Special & select "Picture (Enhanced Metafile" format, this replaces the graphic with one that will be properly sized when printed.  .    

Another word of advice.  I can very well understand your sense of frustration with HP.   It's really aggrevating that they seemed so indifferent to finding a solution to this problem.....  , but EVERY line of printers has its idiosyncracies.   I'm otherwise very happy with my HP 6970.   

HP Recommended

Please see my solution, which I've described in detail elsewhere on this thread.  Do not despair.  There is yet hope!   

HP Recommended

Your suggested solution MIGHT work but I'm pretty sure I've already tried it without success.  What DOES work is to select the graphic, then Copy - Paste Special, and select "Picture" or "Picture (Enhanced Metafile)" option.   

HP Recommended

will try that if I have a different one that won't work - currently the best for me with a single jpeg top centre is - right click, format picture, compress (button bottom left of popup box in my favourite word 2003), accept defaults and warnings, save, print!

HP Recommended

Thanks to the others who have posted!

I have tried all of the suggested solutions on my Windows 10 Pro comuter runing Microsoft Word 2010.

Things that do NOT work for me:

In Word, click on "File" - "Options".

Click on "Display" - Select the box which says "Print background colors and images".

Click Ok to save the settings and then try to print.

Option is available under Format-Picture-Picture, option to compress is down on left, I chose 200dpi 

Save as   *.docx   file (not doc or older format)

Add a border to the pictures

The ONLY thing that DID work for me:

Select the embedded graphic, then CUT --> Paste Special & select "Picture" format.

I have been using the Win10 built in "Snipping tool" to add images to my Word documents and surmise that at least in my case ... there is some issue with using the simple "clip" in the Snipping tool and then the simple "paste" into Word.

What a time-wasting rodeo.....................................  😞

HP Recommended

PS:  I have to wonder WHAT is Word doing differently when you tell it to paste as a "picture".

I would have thought that Word would be smart enough to use a "default" paste type of picture (whatever that means)

if you are pasting in a file type of JPG or other image format???

HP Recommended

OK.... I'm now baffled...

Today when I try to copy and paste into word there is only ONE paste "option" . ....  just to "Paste"

yesterday the dialog box had TWO options:   Paste   and    "Paste as picture"

No updates were applied to my machine last night and a reboot does not change the symptoms........

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

HP Recommended

I don't know which version of Word you're using, but if it's 2007 or later, then you have the bloody, stinking "Ribbon" rather than the menu options, which I have on my Word 2002.   The Paste Special is not available on right mouse click, so you have to go to the Edit menu to select it.   On the infernal, cursed, hateful Ribbon interface, there's a tiny little down arrow below "Paste", and if you click that, you'll see your options.    Select the Paste Special button, and then "Picture (Enhanced Metafile)".  

Note, in a previous post, I said that either "Picture" or "Picture (Enhanced Metafile)" would work...  and they do, w.r.t. the sizing.  HOWEVER, I've found you get more reliable picture quality using "Enhanced Metafile", so that's what I recommend.   

HP Recommended

Yes.  After pasting in the graphic, Select it, then Copy to clipboard, then (with the graphic still selected), Paste Special - Picture (Enhanced Metafile).   This replaces the graphic with one that will stay sized properly.  This works! 

HP Recommended

Thanks TreeDoc!

I'm using Word 2010

What's most bizarre to me is that two days ago when I used RIGHT-click I had two options to paste.

"Regular" and then a second option that was "Paste as Picture" I think or something similar...

Then that second option went away.....

This morning I just tried your ribbon approach.

on Word 2010 it is on the far left side of the "Home" tab ribbon.

Pulling down the pull-down arrow gives me two choices

Paste as "Bitmap"  or  as "Device Independent Bitmap" ....

pasting as a plain bitmap works while the device independent version give the undesired result.

I wish I could figure out why the 2nd option is now missing from the right-click menu....

but ... I have a "plan" now ... ungainly but ... it appears to works.

THANKS for your help!

Jim

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.