Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 6200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

This question is regarding the Embedded Web Services password on HP Envy 6200

1. What is the default password for the EWS

2. How can I change my password if I forgot it?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @MicWic

Try the steps recommended below.

The default password for EWS page is 12345678.

Restore the printer network settings to defaults and check if it helps.

Try restoring the network settings to default and check if it helps.

Touch setup
Select wireless menu

Scroll down and select restore network default from the list
network defaults have been restored.

Note: Restoring the printer to network defaults will remove all the devices connected to the printer. You have to reconnect the devices back to the printer again.

If the issue still persists try restoring the printer back to factory settings and check if it helps.

Touch setup

Select tools 

Scroll down and select restore factory settings from the list

Printer would restore to factory default settings.

Also, try the steps recommended below.

1. Open a web browser and type the printer IP address in the address field exactly as it appears on the Configuration Page, and then press Enter.

2. Click the Security tab, and under General Security, set the local administrator password.

1. Keep the username default as admin.

2. Type the New Password and Verify Password.

3. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click Apply.

Use these credentials the next time you Log In to the EWS.

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP EWS page. Click Here

Cheers! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

didnt work

HP Recommended

Hi @MicWic

I have sent you a private message with the steps to perform a reset on the printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.