Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4650

I bought an OfficeJet about a year ago but, in spite of a search of the 'on line' operating manual, I can find no information concerning how to load and print envelopes.  If I just load the envelope into the tray (adjusting the size of the guides)the printer display asks "Did you load plain paper A4 - if 'NO' is pressed, it just says "Paper type - A4/Paper type - Plain Paper.  Is this printer incapable of printing envelopes?  If it can, would someone be kind enough to indicate where I can find "An Idiots Guide to......Envelope Loading and Printing"!

Many thanks

Jayuu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Jayuu,

If you followed the directions when setting up the printer and then installed the software on your computer you should be fine.

I am not sure why that link would not open for you. Here is another link - Loading Paper, Cards, and Envelopes. If this one does not work, maybe try opening it in another web browser.

You will need to select Envelope as the paper type once the envelopes are loaded. If you touch where it shows the paper type, like 'Letter' for example, you will eventually get to a long list of paper types. You can scroll through the list by swiping up and down on the printer display with your finger. The different envelope types are a fair way down the list. When you see the envelope type you want in the list, touch it to select it.

Once you have the desired envelope selected, you should be able to print. Here is a support document that can be used for reference if needed - Printing Envelopes (Windows).

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Jayuu,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your printing issue.

I understand that you have an HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer and you would like to print on envelopes. I would like to help with that.

This printer can print on envelopes.

I did not have an actual HP OfficeJet 4650 that I could refer to, but there should to get to the other available paper types. I checked out anotrher printer that makes you select the paper type after changing the paper, and when I touched where it said "Paper type - A4/Paper type - Plain Paper" it took me to the menu where I could select the envelope setting. I had to scroll down through the list but eventually I found it.

If there is anyy question as to how the envelopes are to be loaded this document can help - Loading Paper, Cards, and Envelopes.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Many thanks for your kindness.  I tried to get onto your 'link' for printing envelopes, but to no avail!  My computer is operating on Windows 10 and, in the 'on line' manual, it shows how to set up for Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP!  In the 'Printing' section, it refers to Documents, Photos, Quick Forms, Both sides etc but NOTHING for envelopes.  On line help doesn't appear to work for the All-in-one OfficeJet 4650 - there is info for other models (such as 4630 and 4650dn) but the picture of the printer is COMPLETELY different from my model.

After I bought it, I just connected it and started printing.  Is there a 'set-up' procedure that I should have completed?  Sorry, I am really a novice when it comes to these machines and have to be told, step by step, how to go about oing things!

Thank you for your kindness and great patience.

God bless

Jayuu

HP Recommended

Hi @Jayuu,

If you followed the directions when setting up the printer and then installed the software on your computer you should be fine.

I am not sure why that link would not open for you. Here is another link - Loading Paper, Cards, and Envelopes. If this one does not work, maybe try opening it in another web browser.

You will need to select Envelope as the paper type once the envelopes are loaded. If you touch where it shows the paper type, like 'Letter' for example, you will eventually get to a long list of paper types. You can scroll through the list by swiping up and down on the printer display with your finger. The different envelope types are a fair way down the list. When you see the envelope type you want in the list, touch it to select it.

Once you have the desired envelope selected, you should be able to print. Here is a support document that can be used for reference if needed - Printing Envelopes (Windows).

Thanks!

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

rb011 - Many thanks for your help and understanding:  I think that we have cracked it!  God bless. - Jayuu

HP Recommended

Will the HP Envy 7640 printer print various size envelopes, i.e. half letter, standard #6, quarter-fold greeting card size, as well as standard #10?  All help is appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.