Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I keep getting this error "Problem Moving Display".  There is nothing jamming the print carriage, but the cartridges don't move off the right side to enable me to check the cartridges.  At times the print carriage will not move to allow the cartridges to move out to enable the cartridges to be replaced.  The area that is open to my view when I lift the Access Door doesn't show any foreign items that might jam the mechanism.  When the printer is activated the display mechanism is rather jerky and first attempt to open fails so the gears retract and it tries to open again.  Sometimes it works and other times I get the error again.I really like this printer and have used it since 2011.  This model is no longer made and I like the features and size.  Will HP repair this printer if I sent it for repair.  I realize I can buy similar printer, but this printer fits in a certain area of my computer desk.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Vern10

Let's attempt a Printer Reset

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
 NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed

Next update the Firmware. You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

You can also refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-100-e-all-in-one-printer-series-d410/4073853/document/c... for Carriage Jam issue

If the issue persists please contact HP Support for Printer Upgrade options since the printer is not longer manufactured

Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Vern10

Let's attempt a Printer Reset

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
 NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed

Next update the Firmware. You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

You can also refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-100-e-all-in-one-printer-series-d410/4073853/document/c... for Carriage Jam issue

If the issue persists please contact HP Support for Printer Upgrade options since the printer is not longer manufactured

Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Krazy Toad, I appreciate your sending the links to update my printer drivers etc.  I found a couple of other solutions and one in particular seemed to work for my printer with the carriage jams.  Since my printer is about eight years old I felt the cartridge holders contacts might be dirty so I followed the instructions to remove the cartridges and using Distilled water clean the contacts in the cartridge holder.  The cartridges are changed each time the ink is low so they shouldn't get that dirty, but the contacts that contact the cartridge doesn't seem to be a normal printer maintenance.  Cleaning the contacts has solved most of my problem so far.  But the big problem I had to getting to the cartridge and holder contacts was the cartridges were jamed in behind the cover on the right side of the printer.  I found a procedure where I could manually manipulate the printer display gear assembly up and down three times that evidently resets some of the mechanics inside the printer that are not readily visible to the user.  Since I'm not rich I don't keep up with all the new technology and replace my old stuff only when it just doesn't become usable.  I worked electronics for the Air Force for about 35 years and am mechanically astute so I try to fix before I replace.  The one thing in the video that I don't understand is "why do you need to unplug the printer power cord on each end each time it is unplugged from the Printer"?  I suppose it is for safety reasons since the power cord is hot at the end of the cord.  Thanks for all of the suggestions.

HP Recommended

@Vern10

I'm glad you got this sorted out

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.