Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 4250
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Recently, had to replace my original Apple Airport with a modem/router from Spectrum. All devices (laptop, iPad, phones) connected to the new network. The Envy 4250 connected but after a few hours it was not available. Devices would get the "No AirPrint printers found". The solution is to unplug, not just power off, the printer and restart all devices. Then the printer is available  for a few hours. I have assigned the printer a static IP address outside the range of DHCP on the router. It seems like if I could keep the printer from going Auto Off it may stay connected but that feature is preset and cannot be configured. Any idea?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi!
I saw this kind of trouble for several times.

There were ink alert reported then.
Sometimes ink quantity is low, others not using genuine cartrige.

I hope this will help you.

kenxfromjapan

HP Recommended

I did replace the black ink cartridge, no change. Very frustrating as I like the printer and its functions. Just tired of having to mess with it every time I want to print.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.