Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My daughter has an Envy 4520 printer with her at school that has been working well for two years.  She just called tonight to tell me that the printer is getting a paper jam every time she tries to print double sided.  The reason it is jamming seems to be because each page is coming out with a kink at the top of it, so that when the printer pulls the sheet back in to print on the other side it gets jammed.  She has tried putting in new paper, but it is still doing the same thing.  

Is there anything she can check or troubleshooting tool she can run?  Maybe something similiar to a print head alignment?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RLNoonan Welcome to HP Community!

Here's a few things that should help her out:

Click here to see this video in full screen on YouTube.

Step 1: Look for jammed paper

There are different areas where jammed paper might become blocked. Clear any jammed paper from one area, and then try to print again. If the error persists, check the next area for any jammed paper.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@RLNoonan Welcome to HP Community!

Here's a few things that should help her out:

Click here to see this video in full screen on YouTube.

Step 1: Look for jammed paper

There are different areas where jammed paper might become blocked. Clear any jammed paper from one area, and then try to print again. If the error persists, check the next area for any jammed paper.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I apologize for the long delay in responding. It took some time to get word back from my daughter...

It sounds like step1 in the answer below is likely the solution. My daughter did not have to actually clear out the paper on her own. She needed to print a number of singled sided pages and after a bunch of pages had printed out, the kinks were no longer showing up. She then tried printing double-sided and it is now working correctly. So it certainly seems like she had some paper from a previous jam that had not fully cleared out, and it eventually worked its way out in the process of printing the single sided pages.

Thanks for the suggestion.

HP Recommended

@RLNoonan Thank you for the update, better late than never, 😉

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute to identifying and leading you towards the solution.

Thanks for honoring us by accepting our post as the solution, as it helps the community grow.

You can always click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos,

Take care and have an awesome week ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.