Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

doesnt work. causes an error

HP Recommended

sorry to hear that Kathy, it did solve the problem in my case.

HP Recommended

OMG! I love you so much! Even I was installing and uninstalling hundreds of times and printing so many useless pages just to check to see double printing. 

I'm also using HP instant ink program, and because of THIS, I wasted so much ink and had to pay extras. 

I'm so happy that I found your solution. HP customer service agents need to educate themselves more to provide an actually helpful answer.

HP Recommended

OMG!!! This worked! Thank you so much! Apparently the newest update for this printer doesn't recognize the auto duplex driver and I have no idea where the installation CD is in my storage unit which was the only other alternative to fix this issue.

Again, THANK YOU!

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem.  Tried everything, I mean everything, that has been suggested.  So frustrating.

HP Recommended

Awesome your solution worked !!   Hooray.  Great job and thank you, thank you, thank you.  👍

HP Recommended

Thank you Blueknight1 - I was about ready to tear my hair out! Having to work from home and suddenly not being able to duplex... You saved me!

HP Recommended

I do not have an a option under Device Settings for "Ensure that the duplex unit is set to Installed rather than Not installed." It only asks about the Main Tray set to letter.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

No joy. Although the automatic duplexing is now installed per printer preferences the printer is still printing manual double sided and showing the printing on double sided manual instruction monologue box which then jams the computer unless you press continue which i do not wish to.

Over to you, 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.