Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.14 Mojave

My Envy 4525 printer will not detect my wireless router via the Wireless set up Wizard, or using WPS.  The printer was previously successfully connected to the same router for the past few months.  No idea why it won't connect now.  I have tried resetting the network defaults and powering everything off and back on again.

The Wireless wizard finds many router but not mine and when I type the name, it says it is not there - the router is working fine on both my phone and my computer. Any suggestion about what I should be doing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Does the router have the same name for both the 2.4G & 5G network?

If so change the name on the 5G and the printer should find the 2.4G.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Does the router have the same name for both the 2.4G & 5G network?

If so change the name on the 5G and the printer should find the 2.4G.

HP Recommended

Sorry but I don't have 5G so that is not the issue.

Whatever I do, my printer does not detect my router.....

I have uninstalled the printer and now that I am trying to install it again, after downloading HP smart, I still have the same issue. 

HP start does not find any peripheral device so I am stuck

HP Recommended

Will, thank you

here is where I am now, I have tried to re-install HP smart - but as my Mac was connecting to my printer, a screen appeared that says "your peripheral is not compatible with a 5GHz network. Select another network and try again" - what should I do? How do change the name of the 5G?

HP Recommended

What is the make and model of your wireless router?

HP Recommended

Will,

I managed to get into my internet account online and saw that for Wifi, only 5gHz was selected so I also selected 2.4 Ghz and it seems that now my computer recognizes my printer and that my printer is online....and I just printed something. You are a genius, thank you. 

Last question for you: do I keep both 5 and 2.4 Ghz selected or only 2.4?

HP Recommended

Make sure you have a different name on the 5G.

It is best to keep both as the 2.4G has a longer range(but is slower) .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.