02-05-2020 10:40 AM
I’m unable to print from my iPad, message comes up saying printer is busy. The printer is not busy, have reset with no effect. I have printed an alignment page direct from printer and it works fine.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-07-2020 12:28 PM - edited 02-07-2020 12:29 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
Check the wireless connectivity between the printer and the iPad.
- Make sure the printer and the iPad are connected to the same wireless network.
- This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the iPad should be on the 2.4GHz network.
- If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
You may restart the iPad as well to clear any stuck print jobs.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Also, check for any software updates on the iPad
Make sure the printer is turned on, ink cartridges are installed, and plain paper is loaded in the main tray.
Open the item you want to print, and then tap the Share icon or .
Tap Print or the Print icon to open Printer Options.
Tap Select Printer to select your printer.
Change any of the following print job settings. Available settings vary depending on the app you are printing from, the print job type, and your printer.
Paper: Make any paper size changes on the printer. AirPrint automatically detects the paper size loaded in the printer or the size selected on the printer control panel. If the detected size is different than the paper in the tray, an error might display asking to confirm the size.
Number of copies: Select how many copies you want to print.
Black & White: Select to print in grayscale. This option only displays for color printers.
Double-sided printing: Print on both sides of the paper for certain file types.
Page range: Select specific pages within a document or webpage to print.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee