Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 5010

Hello!

I am currently having this problem. 

I am using this printer and I reffiled the original cartridges. Everything is fine and test pages print out perfect with all colours in place and right dencity . But the problem is that after reffiling, photos print with a green tint. Before reffiling colours were fine.  I have done all cleanings. As I said all colours print fine individually

Thank you in advance

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Isi307

Do you face the same issue when making Photocopies?

If Photocopies are fine, 

I suggest you uninstall the printer driver from root level and download the full feature software and the Firmware

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
2.) Select your HP Printer 
3.) Select Uninstall 
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab 
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
10.) Select Ok 
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Restart the computer and download the Full Feature Software and the Firmware from Here and follow the onscreen Instructions

Let me know how it goes 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. 

I have the same problem with the photocopies when I print photos. 

I will try your solution anyway when I have time. I know it is a complicated proplem and if this doesn't work I think that the problem lies with the mixing of the new colours... But as I said test pages with all the mixed colours print fine...

Anyway thank you again for your help, I will try and post the results! 

HP Recommended

@Isi307

If the issue occurs when making Photocopies then it is a Hardware issue

You could try updating the Firmware but if the issue persists please contact HP Support for Service Options or try with genuine HP Cartridges as HP does not recommend refilled cartridges

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

I have the same problem. My colour copies AND prints are tinted green even though my cartridges are genuine. However, I was supposed to receive Instant-ink cartridges but didn't, so I had to buy one myself. No update is available. What can I do? Head clean?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@JulienB Thanks for sharing your concern with the HP Community,

here's what I'll need, so I may be able to provide an accurate solution:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: click here

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.)

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

To thank me for my efforts to help you,

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle_Decipher

Thank you for your reply and sorry for taking so long. I was away for a few days.

My product number is M2U85B

I have tried a few auto-cleans through the options on the screen but no result. I also checked the ink levels. I believe I have had this problem for several months now (perhaps since last summer) and I am pretty sure the colour cartridge was changed since.

Thank you.

Julien

HP Recommended

@JulienB If the issue occurs while you copy as well, it's most likely a hardware malfunction and to confirm the same,

I suggest you create a print quality test page using the below steps and get back with the results:

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic report from the printer control panel, and then evaluate the results.

1. Load the printer with plain white paper.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe left on the display, and then touch Setup .

3. Touch Tools.

4. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Print Quality Report.

A Print Quality Diagnostic report prints.

Print Quality Diagnostic report without defects

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle

Thank you again for your reply.

I did what you said, which I am sure I had already done before contacting you. The results came up as below sort of OK eccept that both magentas were missing and yellow seemed perhaps a bit pale (not sure if yellow is supposed to look like that).

Then I did a first cartridge cleaning and the following diagnosis came up the same as the first one.

I then did a second cleaning, but the diagnosis came up almost blank because the black cartridge was now low. I changed it and ran a diagnosis again, which came up the same as the first diagnosis except for tiny blank lines in the colour blocks. I wish I could attach the diagnoses to show you (they are scanned into the computer already) but there doesn't seem to be a way here.

It is really starting to do my head in, especially since I have had the printer for less than a year (or close to it). What else can I do?

Regards

Julien

HP Recommended

@JulienB, that's unfortunate.

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.