02-12-2020 01:10 PM
All checks have been done. The computer has been turned off and on - Printer has been turned off and on.
HP Print and scan doctor has been used but the printer remains in 'error state'!
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-14-2020 06:53 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Assign manual IP address and that should fix the issue.
On the printer control panel display, from the Home screen, touch ( Setup ), touch Tools, and then touch Network configuration Report.
Setting a Static IP Address
Once you know your printer’s IP address, entering it is pretty easy. Here’s what you do:
- Run your Web browser.
- In the Web browser’s address bar, type the IP address of your printer and press Enter. Assuming you entered the right address, the HP printer control panel should appear.
- Click the Networking tab.
- Under Connections, click Wireless.
- Under IP Address Configuration, click Manual IP.
- Enter the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway in the appropriate boxes.
- Click Apply.
You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
02-15-2020 03:26 AM
Many thanks, Sandytechy20
This fixed the problem that Microsoft 'help' technicians missed over two calls of over an hour - I think they were digging too deeply.
The IP address was the problem and the computer reading that address. All good and I am very grateful for your help.
Kind regard from Greyabbey.