02-04-2020 12:03 PM
I've had this printer for about a year and half but just recently purchased a new HP laptop and installed the printer to use on some projects. The install seems to go fine but when I try to print anything there is blank space where anything black should print out. Even test alignment pages are black except for the color options. I've unplugged the printer power cord as suggested in a previous post. Anything else to try? This printer is useless if it won't print black!
02-06-2020 02:32 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer is not printing black.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
Are you able to make a copy in black?
Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
1. Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box.
2. Choose “Printers & scanners“.
3. Select “Add a printer or scanner“.
4. Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it.
5. Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” , then select “Next“.
6. Select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list.
7. Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel.
8. Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee