Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Using a new Acer Swift laptop but Wi-fi printing takes at least 5-10 minutes to print. I've tried the HP Doctor tools and had my IT colleague try and fix, to no avail.

Prints immediately using a USB cable and worked absolutely fine with my old laptop, but long delay in printing with the new one.

HELP...!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Eroom 

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in the HP link Slow Printing (Windows).

In order to solve this problem, configure a new port as follows:

1. On the keyboard, press the Windows logo key and the R key simultaneously. The Run window opens.
  2. Type control printers, then press Enter. The Devices and Printers window opens.
  3. Right-click on your HP ENVY 5540 series printer icon, then click on Printer properties, click on the Ports tab, and click on Add Port....
  4. Select Standard TCP/IP Port and click New Port....
  5. Click Next, then enter the printer's IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.97) in the Printer Name or IP Address field and click Next.
  6. Once the port is added, click Finish and close all windows.
  7. Try to print.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards, 😎

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you for responding but there's no Ports Tab option within Properties!

How else does one add a Port?

HP Recommended
Hello and thanks for your return,

Please click on Printer properties, and do not on Properties. Then please follow the procedure in my previous message.
Right-click.png

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,🤠

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

How do I find my IP no?

HP Recommended

@Eroom 

Proceed as follows to retrieve the IP address of the printer:

• In the printer control panel screen, touch the Wireless icon () to retrieve the printer IP address.

In case of need, do not hesitate to solicit us..

Best regards, 😉

HP Recommended

No improvement, still taking 5-7 minutes.

Also, when I try to print a saved PDF, the print facility (options for number of copies, color, etc) also takes 3-5 minutes until it 'loads' the full features (until then it appears to be in a 'not responding' state).

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Eroom 

Thanks for your return,

To address this incident, please follow the following procedure:

1. Uninstall printing software:

1. Unplug the USB cable at the back of the printer, if necessary.
  2. On the keyboard, simultaneously tap the Windows flag and the R key. The Run window opens.
  3. Type appwiz.cpl, then OK. The Programs and Features window opens.
  4. Click the right mouse button on HP ENVY 5540 series Basic Software, then Uninstall and Yes.
  5. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the uninstall of the printer.
  6. Restart the computer.

2. Launch the registry editor:

1. On the keyboard, simultaneously tap the Windows flag and the R key. The Run window opens.
  2. Type regedit, then OK. The registry editor opens.
  3. Develop HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SOFTWARE, click with the right mouse button on Hewlett-Packard and Delete. (If the PC is HP-branded, develop Hewlett-Packard and remove Digital Imaging)

3. Delete the HP ENVY 5540 series folder in the way:

• C: \Program Files\HP
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\HP

4. Rename folder 3 in 3_old in the path below (a restart may be required):

• C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64.
  • C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\W32X86.

NOTE: If the file refuses this action do as follows:

On the keyboard, tap the Windows and R keys simultaneously. The Run window opens.

• Type net stop spooler, then press OK.
  • Rename the file.
  • Type net start spooler, then tap OK.

5. Start a new printer installation via HP ENVY 5540 series Full Software and Drivers.

If the issue persists, I have sent you a private message with the required information.

You should only edit the specified fields and not post them publicly in the community.

In case of need, do not hesitate to solicit us.

Best regards,🤗

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.