Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
ENVY 5544
My new 5544 printer has only printed half a page since I started using it. With each print, including the default documents e.g. alignment page, only the bottom half of the document is printed. It is as if the printer thinks the page starts higher up and prints onto nothing initially.

I am using good quality A4 paper as instructed. I have also tried to reset the printer by removing the ink and then pulling out the power chord. The reset did not help.

Additionally I have now wasted 50% of my monthly Insta Ink subscription trying to solve the problem.

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @kalked ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned below:

Follow this link and update the firmware of the printer. Once it is done, re-start it, and try printing. 🙂

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @kalked ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned below:

Follow this link and update the firmware of the printer. Once it is done, re-start it, and try printing. 🙂

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.