Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7100

I just replaced both cartridges for the printer, it aligned and printed everything fine. I can actually print any of the status pages from the device itself and they print, But the second I send something to the printer from an external device, it tells me to reseat the black cartridge. 

I power reset the device (unplugged for 30s), it came back on and actually printed something that was in the queue (all black, mind you). When I tried to send another document, same message: please make sure the black cartridge is in there. I'm not going out and buying more cartridges b/c it's obvious these work. Any help is appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings!

Sorry to hear the problems you are having with your Envy 7100. From your notes I gather, that you have tried some troubleshooting steps. As these did not work, try the steps provided in the Video  available in the link provided below:

https://www.supportvideos.ext.hp.com/detail/video/5166690433001/resetting-the-printing-system-when-y...

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**You may say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**

I am an HP employee and am speaking for myself, not for HP
HP Recommended

This is not a spooling issue. This is an issue w/ the printer itself. 

I can go into ANY of the status page reports and it prints, in both black and color, perfectly fine. This tells me that the black cartridge is properly seated. I have updated the firmware on the printer to the latest available. But from ANY device (2 Windows computers, a MacOS and an Android phone) the second a job is sent to the printer, it says that the black cartridge is not properly seated. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.