Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 7645
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

An HP Envy 7645 AIO won't turn on--at least, the display won't light up at all.

I checked the power cable. It is plugged in to a working extension unit (tried two of them). And when I plug it in, I do see a small green light at the back of the unit come on. But no matter how long I press the power button, it stays off. There are no lights on at all, not only on the display, but anywhere on that top panel in the front.

And Windows 10 says it is offline. The manual that I found online didn't have much on this.

Anything I can do?

HP LaserJet p1102w
HP 15-ef2126wm
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @paulri, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you are unable to power on your printer.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did make any changes on your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Reset the power module and test the wall outlet
Unplug the printer to reset the internal power module, plug another appliance into the wall outlet to test the power, and then reconnect the printer.
Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet, power strip, or surge protector.
While the printer is unplugged, plug another appliance into the wall outlet, and then turn it on to make sure the outlet works.
If the wall outlet does not work, plug the printer into an outlet that does work. Do not use a power strip or surge protector.
If the wall outlet works, continue with these steps.
After the printer has been disconnected for at least 60 seconds, reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
Plug the power cord directly into the wall outlet. Do not use a power strip or surge protector.
Check the rear of the printer and the ink cartridge access area to see if the internal power module has an indicator light.
If the internal power module has a light, the light is on, and the printer turns on, you can stop troubleshooting.
If the internal power module has a light and the light is on, but the printer still does not turn on, continue to the next step.
If the internal power module has a light and the light is off, skip to the step to Test the power with another compatible power cord.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot no power issues with the printer.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps it is a hardware issue with the printer, please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a wonderful day ahead!

Take Care1 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @paulri, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you are unable to power on your printer.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did make any changes on your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Reset the power module and test the wall outlet
Unplug the printer to reset the internal power module, plug another appliance into the wall outlet to test the power, and then reconnect the printer.
Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet, power strip, or surge protector.
While the printer is unplugged, plug another appliance into the wall outlet, and then turn it on to make sure the outlet works.
If the wall outlet does not work, plug the printer into an outlet that does work. Do not use a power strip or surge protector.
If the wall outlet works, continue with these steps.
After the printer has been disconnected for at least 60 seconds, reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
Plug the power cord directly into the wall outlet. Do not use a power strip or surge protector.
Check the rear of the printer and the ink cartridge access area to see if the internal power module has an indicator light.
If the internal power module has a light, the light is on, and the printer turns on, you can stop troubleshooting.
If the internal power module has a light and the light is on, but the printer still does not turn on, continue to the next step.
If the internal power module has a light and the light is off, skip to the step to Test the power with another compatible power cord.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot no power issues with the printer.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps it is a hardware issue with the printer, please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a wonderful day ahead!

Take Care1 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unplugging it, and then replugging it back in worked.

I was sure that we had tried that already, but the last time, we waited 60 seconds before plugging it back in. Not sure if that made a difference or not.

HP LaserJet p1102w
HP 15-ef2126wm
HP Recommended

Hi! @paulri! It was a quick response from you, I'm glad to hear back from you.

Also, I am happy to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,            

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What does "Reset the Power Module" mean?

HP Recommended

I have unplugged the power cord for more than one minute from the printer and from the wall outlet. I also changed the power cord, but it is still not turning on. Are there any other suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.