Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Envy Photo 7830 printer freezes during the 4th bullet point when booting up and will not continue. This happens whenever I turn on the device. Please see bellow a picture of the printer's screen that depicts the point when it gets stuck.

I have attempted these steps which do make the device work again but, if I turn the printer off and back on, the problem will be back. The problem happens whether ink cartridges are inserted or not. There were no hardware changes between uses.

The printer is currently running version PALSUPPPXN003.1904C.00 of its firmware but the problem was already present with previous versions.

Could you please provide me a permanent solution for this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Screen.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@NunoAlves

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Performing a Semi-full reset on the printer may resolve this issue. 

Note: Make sure you are on the printer's Home screen to perform the reset.

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@

Thank you for your reply.

I've performed the Semi-Full Reset as described in your message but unfortunately the problem still persists.

Can you please advise on an alternative solution?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@NunoAlves

Since the firmware is up to date and the issue still persists after Power resetting the printer and resetting the printer to its factory settings, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@

HP Recommended

@NunoAlves

Thank you for the update. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.