01-01-2020 07:27 PM
Dear HP Helpdesk,
I have an issue with starting up my printer. It stuck at 2nd dot when it is starting and never moving forward again. None of the buttons are functional when it is freezing like that. I can only unplug from the cable to switch off and on again.
I will be appreciated for any help.
Have a great day.
01-02-2020 07:46 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. Let us try these steps:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
If the issue persists, leave the printer unplugged overnight and then try powering it ON.
If the printer is stuck and none of the buttons respond, a reset cannot be performed on such a scenario. However, I will send you the reset instructions in a private message.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee